Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Toppers: Witches Hats

Tuesday Toppers: Witch Hats

Well I think we finally got the flu out of our house! My daughter got it first, then me, then my youngest! It was quite the week! Luckily the hubby had it a few weeks back so I think he's been spared this time around. Now that the house is completely wiped down and sanitized I can pull out the fondant and get back to the fun :D. This week I'm starting the first of my three Halloween toppers, the witches hat. Here is what you will need to make one:

t 011

-Rolling pin
-Fondant smoother
-Knife
-2" round cookie cutter
-Purple and black fondant (I somehow forgot to put the black in the picture)

t 013

-Take the fondant and divide in half. Make a 1" ball and flatten the other piece.

t 014

-Using the 2" cookie cutter, cut a circle for the brim of the hat.

t 017

-With the fondant smoother at an angle form the ball into a cone shape.

t 018


t 019

-Press the bottom down to flatten.

t 020

-Pinch edge so it will set better on the base. (ignore the funky colors on my thumb, I just colored the fondant, lol)

t 022


t 024

-Bend the tip down to one side and with the knife make three indents to simulate the fabric folding.

t 026

-Take a small amount of black and roll into a log.

t 027

-Using the rolling pin roll it out to about 1/8" thick and cut a 1/4" strip to go around the hat.

t 029

-Take some of the excess purple and roll it into a thin rope.

t 030

-Place the hat onto the base using a little bit of water to attach.

t 032

-Attach the black band.

t 033

-Take the purple rope and form into a small circle then pinch out four corners for the buckle.

Witch Hat Topper

You are now ready to bewitch your guests with your awesome talents!

Happy Tuesday :D

9 comments:

  1. Hats off to you, a wonderful tutorial! THANK YOU FOR SHARING;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very generous in sharing with us all ur talent!I so appreciate it......THANKYOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for an idea for my halloween cupcakes!!!

    Thank you so much, I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it ... and it looks like you even have pumpkin icing! Fabulous, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tutorial. I was in a pinch for a decoration for my cupcake hero; I made a great cupcake but forgot about decorating it. I came to blog for inspiration and I not only got it but step my step instructions as well. I whipped up one of these little hats in just a few minutes and they are absolutely adorable.
    Thank You,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is so cute~ And just in the time for Halloween too. The kids will definitely enjoy it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie

    BIG THX to u, u really safe my life.. my niece asked me to make a Halloween them cupcake yesterday and I follow your step by step instruction.. it turns up very gorgeous and many ppl admire it… (please feel free to see the photo at http://dlittlekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/10/halloween-birthday.html.

    Thank you again for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found this. Love it!! The instructions are great and your easy to follow instructions are so helpful. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete